Whether it is from the loud sounds, constant vibrations, or a combination of both, many patients find dental drills unpleasant. If you can relate, you should be happy to know that FL Dental Spa offers laser dentistry in Lighthouse Point, FL, for a wide range of services.
What is a Dental Laser?
Laser, which is an acronym for light amplification of stimulated emission of radiation, is a type of light beam that your dentist directs toward your mouth to treat a specific dental issue. Laser dentistry offers several benefits when compared to using a drill, including those listed below.
- Decreases the likelihood of developing an infection
- Less bleeding
- Reduced pain
- Significantly less damage to surrounding tissue
- Speeds up the process of healing
Each member of our dental team has completed targeted training for the types of lasers that we use in our dental practice. You can also feel confident that the Food and Drug Administration approved the device for use in dentistry many years ago. Your safety is always our top concern, so don’t be surprised when we hand you a pair of glasses custom-made for protection from laser beams.
Conditions We Treat with Laser Dentistry
Handheld lasers allow our dental team to provide you with a comfortable treatment experience for each of the conditions or procedures indicated below.
- Cosmetic teeth whitening
- Eliminating cold sores and/or canker sores
- Removing exposed tissue surrounding a wisdom tooth
- Removing inflamed gum tissue
- Removing small amounts of muscle that prevent proper lip or tongue movement
- Removing small portions of tooth enamel when placing a dental crown or veneer, filling a cavity, or preparing for cosmetic bonding
- Repairing fillings that have worn down over time
- Reshaping gum tissue
Your dentist may use either a hard tissue laser or a soft tissue laser, depending on your specific needs. Hard tissue lasers are appropriate for procedures such as cutting into teeth. Soft tissue lasers are more effective for any procedure involving the gums.
Contact Us or Schedule an Appointment to Learn More
We welcome your questions about laser dentistry in Lighthouse Point, FL, if you have an oral health condition or desire a procedure using this technique. Please reach out to request an evaluation of your condition or a consultation for any voluntary cosmetic procedure.